Below you will find all relevant documents concerning Fortisgate.
Some of them are public or official documents, others were not meant to be public but have been ‘leaked’ in the Belgian media; in any event, the documents are in the public domain.
Looking for the right document should be quite straightforward. This page is subdived in subpages that correspond to the different stages of Fortisgate, before and after the Fortis judgment was handed down. The two first subpages include all the essential documents relating to the public events that triggered Fortisgate.
All the documents are crucial for understanding the different aspects of Fortisgate. Sometimes the documents are introduced with a short explanatory note.
This page has the following sub pages.
- 1. The Fortis Judgment of 12 December 2008, and prior documents
- 2. Political & judicial reactions immediately after the Judgment (December 2008)
- 3. Subsequent reactions from Public Prosecutor & Schurmans (January 2009)
- 4. Experts’ report & Fortis’ circular letters (January 2009)
- 5. Leave to Appeal against the Fortis judgment at the ‘Cour de Cassation’ (February 2009)
- 6. Parliamentary Investigating Committee & surrounding letters (March 2009)
- 7. Application European Court Human Rights (June 2009)
- 8. Judicial Reform (from Fall 2009 on)
- 9. Letter from Sven Mary to Hans Rieder, 18 september 2009
- 10. Letter Christine Schurmans to Public Prosecutor De Le Court, 10 November 2009
- 11. Report of the High Council of Justice, 16 December 2009
- 12. Judgment of the Cour de Cassation, 19 January 2010
- 13. Written submissions of the Public Prosecutor, 12 February 2010
- 14. Judgment of the Cour de Cassation, 19 February 2010
- 15. Judgment Ghent Court of Appeal, 14 September 2011
- 16. Judgment Cour de Cassation, 13 March 2012
- 17. Guide for Judges, 27 June 2012
- 18. Second application European Court Human Rights (September 2012)